Go Back   Virginia Krawlers Forums > Tech Talk > Build/Fab Section

Build/Fab Section Doing a build? Fab something up? Show it off here. Post up your write ups here too.

Custom Search

Please assist Virginia Krawlers continue to grow by letting others know that this community of Virginia based wheelers is online. If you post on another off-road forum of any kind, please think about adding a link to VirginiaKrawlers.com in your signature block on those forums. This has proven to be the most effective way to let other off-road enthusiasts know how to find us.

WE HAVE TWO PLACES TO PICK UP VAK MERCHANDISE, CLICK HERE TO CHECK THEM OUT!

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #106
gots_a_sol
Hardcore Rock Krawler

Headers came in. Not as huge of an improvement as I was hoping on the drivers side. At least it isn't sitting on the control arm anymore. Worst case I can probably cut and reweld the #1 primary to come up at more of an angle before it turns to the rear.

I can fit both headers in without having to lift the engine or anything stupid like that. I need to get new hardware as the original nuts rusted to the studs. Fortunately every single one of them screwed out and I don't have to drill/tap any of them

Pass side, although clearance wasn't bad on this side with the manifold.

In other news, I ordered a wheel to experiment on. 18x8 steelie off of the current Taurus/Explorer police interceptors. I'm hoping to recenter it to get the backspace I need without needing spacers or adapters as it is the correct lug pattern already.

'00 Excursion - cummins/nv4500
'54 International

Last edited by gots_a_sol; Yesterday at 04:03 PM.
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote