Go Back   Virginia Krawlers Forums > Tech Talk > Dirtbikes, ATVs, ETC

Dirtbikes, ATVs, ETC Any talk about Dirtbikes, ATVs, anything that gets you offorad, other than your wheeling rigs.

Custom Search

Please assist Virginia Krawlers continue to grow by letting others know that this community of Virginia based wheelers is online. If you post on another off-road forum of any kind, please think about adding a link to VirginiaKrawlers.com in your signature block on those forums. This has proven to be the most effective way to let other off-road enthusiasts know how to find us.

WE HAVE TWO PLACES TO PICK UP VAK MERCHANDISE, CLICK HERE TO CHECK THEM OUT!

Old 05-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #1
gots_a_sol
Hardcore Rock Krawler

Default Yz250f

Traded the 610 to my buddy for this guy. It is an '09 YZ250F.

Decently set up for the woods already.

EE handguards
?? skid plate
?? radiator guards
TrailTech kickstand
Lectron carb
Head rebuilt with steel valves with only a few hours (better durability)
geared like a tractor

I need to replace fork seals and change the bars (don't like the bend of them). Then I'll put some hours on it in the woods and see how I feel on the great 2 vs 4 stroke debate again.

I have some parts left over from my original WR that should fit this, including a Scotts steering damper/sub mount (would need to buy the frame post) and a front supermoto wheel/big brake kit.

It came with a parts bike too. I'm pretty sure this bike was another riding buddy's years ago and he dropped a valve in it. Bottom end appears good still, just no top end. Or suspension. Or wheels.

'00 Excursion - cummins/nv4500
'54 International

Last edited by gots_a_sol; 05-06-2017 at 11:37 PM.
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
gots_a_sol
Hardcore Rock Krawler

OT, but a buddy of mine put together a CR500 powered KTM for use out west at high elevation. Well he brought it out today to my club's charity ride to break it in a bit and feel it out. He offered it up for a quick lap (~2 miles) and I mean, who can say no to a CR500 powered anything?

Jesus christ. You basically just pick a gear and idle around. I'm pretty sure if you whiskey throttled it you'd just die. I cracked the throttle on it slightly in a straight section and it immediately ripped both my arms out of their sockets and I may have peed a little

http://imgur.com/gallery/Z9lbG

'54 International

Last edited by gots_a_sol; 05-07-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #3
hadfield4wd
Hardcore Rock Krawler

I have a buddy with a kx500. Idle in the woods is what you need to do. I like to cheat death occasionally. I call it a cardio workout. Because it gets your heart pumping.

He's thinking about making it a SM for 30min street rides.
hadfield4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
1TN LSYJ
You're eating woodchips!

Send a message via AIM to 1TN LSYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gots_a_sol View Post
I cracked the throttle on it slightly in a straight section and it immediately ripped both my arms out of their sockets and I may have peed a little :laughing
Hahahaha!
1TN LSYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:12 PM   #5
gots_a_sol
Hardcore Rock Krawler

So I actually rode this bike over the weekend back to back with my Husky and my riding buddies are saying I was noticeably faster on the yz-f. Interesting. Guess I'll throw a few bucks at this bike to get it set up to my liking and run a hare scramble on it.

Freshen up the suspension, swap on some lower bars, and replace the front master cylinder as the front brake didn't do a damn thing A buddy said he might have an 18" rear rim/spokes in his parts pile I can have which would be nice.

'54 International